Sex/Gender discrimination is strictly prohibited under the FEHA. “Sex” includes both the biological differences between men and women and a person’s gender related appearance irrespective of assigned sex at birth. Adverse employment actions based on gender or stereotypes associated with a particular gender are illegal.
An employer must:
- Allow employees to appear or dress consistently with the employee’s gender identify or gender expression.
- Allow employees to use facilities, such as restrooms, which correspond with their gender identity or gender expression.
- Not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression when providing fringe benefits, such as medical insurance.
- Identify employees by their preferred gender pronoun or name, except is contexts relating to government issued identification.
- (Discrimination based on motherhood can constitute illegal gender discrimination. Sex-based discrimination in rates of pay to employees is also specifically prohibited by the Equal Pay Act of 1963)
Call Duel Law Firm Today!
You do not have to tolerate this abusive and humiliating behavior. For questions about sex and gender discrimination and to speak to our skilled staff, do not hesitate to contact us at Duel Law. You are not alone.
Duel Law has been successful at collecting millions of dollars on behalf of employees that were discriminated against based on sex and gender.